An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break. -- Ancient Chinese Proverb
We have a great group of parents in this den, as well as the pack overall! Through our initial efforts to contact the medical professionals/specialists we needed to speak with regarding Lucy's condition, we discovered that it was nearly impossible to get past the "wall" - apparently, very few people have adopted children with HD, and since this particular child was not officially ours, and the offices did not have a file on her, no one would even let us leave a messge with the doctors. So, at our annual Blue and Gold Banquet, I casually mention to one of our Dads that happens to be a Physician, if he has ever heard of HD. Not only had he heard of it, he was a walking dictionary about it! He also was able to contact some specialists in the area and break down that wall! I was shocked to have a pediatric surgeon call me the very next morning, and ask to have Lucia's file sent over! Then the other offers to help came flowing in. Still on the scout vein, at our monthly committee meeting, I discovered 2 more scout leaders with connections in the medical community that were willing to forward Lucia's information for opinions. And to top it off, our cubmaster at the time, a local Family Physician, graciously agreed to take the time to look through Lucy's file and share his opinions. God certainly does put people in your life for a reason!
On that note, we were contacted by a specialist that is willing to sit down with us and talk IN PERSON! about what we can expect when we get to China, some things to keep in mind while caring for Lucy (food, medicines, etc.), and to answer any more questions Ed may have about her. Praise God! I am sure his lovely nurse, who called me today to let me know that they were willing to do this, thinks I have lost my mind, as I was effusive in my delight at that call. Our appointment is for Monday.
So, last night I started looking through the travel packet that our agency gave us. What an overwhelming document that is! My goal today is to start making lists of things to do, gather, compile, etc! Mom, did you hear that - I AM GOING TO MAKE LISTS TODAY!!! I am sure that on at least one of those lists, I should include a little baby girl clothes shopping!
Please say a little prayer for Lucia.



No comments:
Post a Comment