Greetings!
We received our official Travel Invitation yesterday, which states that we have been approved to travel to China to adopt our Lucy. UPS delivered it the other day, and I discovered it under the feet of Nolan's dear friend, decked out in full spy gear, on our doorstep. It's very pretty, and has this little picture of Lucia on the bottom left corner. It looks nothing like her - except her little lazy eye. She's just so CUTE!
Over the past week, we have been busy getting ready for a quick beach trip, as well as finializing all sorts of odds and ends for the big trip to China. Now I just have to keep everything in a central location so I won't have any "lost key" issues at the last possible moment. When we return from the beach we will have only a short time before we are on the way. I am starting to get those nervous tics when I realize just how close I am to having to get on a plane (Cindy, rest assured I will NOT wear my contact lenses or panty hose on the plane). Yikes!
Interesting note. We were informed that it is virtually impossible to find clothes in China to fit tall western women (no, I am not referring to cowgirls - but that is pretty humorous now that I think about it). Due to this fact, I should definitely pack a spare outfit in my carry-on, in case of luggage loss. That would be tragic, wouldn't it? The pressure! SO, if you see pictures of me on this blog during our trip, in ill-fitting clothes, twitching away, you will know the fate of my luggage (and plane flight).
Obviously I have nothing of interest or value to write about in this post, so I shall spare you and sign off.
Say a little prayer for Lucia!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
TIMELINE
- First Post-placement Visit - July 28, 2008
- Return Home - July 23, 2008
- Adoption Registration - July 15, 2008
- Gotcha Day! - July 14, 2008
- Leave for China - July 9, 2008
- TA - June 2, 2008
- LOA - May 5, 2008
- LOI Sent - 3/11/08
- DOR - 2/21/08
- Request for Matching - 2/20/08
- Fell in Love with Lucy - 2/13/08
- Dossier Update - 7/27/07
- LID - 6/12/06
- DTC - ?



No comments:
Post a Comment